Sex dating in caveinrock illinois
This show is becoming one of the most talked about shows in the Southeastern Illinois region. Trophies are awarded to the top 100 vehicles with NO class judging.
The show is held on the parking lot of the beautiful Potters Church in tiny Cave-In-Rock Illinois, on the borders of the beautiful Ohio river. There is no charge for registration, parking, food and drinks, it's all FREE. There will also be several specialty awards as well.
On October 24, 1849, the town was officially renamed Cave-In-Rock.
Cave-In-Rock was incorporated as a village in 1901.
Dash plaques to the first 75 registered and goody bags for the first 100.
Many door prizes will be available, as well as a nice silent auction to offset costs.
Duff was living upriver a few miles, either at Battery Rock or across the Ohio River at what would become Caseyville, Kentucky, when in 1797 Samuel Mason moved his base of operations from Diamond Island and Red Banks to the cave and made it the home of river pirates.
Cave-in-Rock's primary feature is a striking 55-foot-wide (17 m) riverside cave formed by wind and water erosion and by cataclysmic effects of the 1811–12 New Madrid earthquakes.
The cave is located at , just upriver (east) from the village. de Lery of France, who found it in 1739 and called it "caverne dans Le Roc".
From the 1790s to the 1870s, the area around Cave-in-Rock was plagued by what historians as early as the 1830s referred to as the "Ancient Colony of Horse-Thieves, Counterfeiters and Robbers", and better known today due to Otto Rothert's history early in the 20th century as the "Outlaws of Cave-in-Rock".
In 1790, counterfeiters Philip Alston and John Duff (or John Mc Elduff) used the cave as some type of rendezvous, though details are scarce.